Thursday, March 8, 2012

Southern Comfort ~ March Updates

I am offically the owner of Southern Comfort Fitteds

This month I am completing a few steps in the process of becoming a bon a fide small business as a WAHM (work at home mom), this being my SECOND job. I would like to share the progress to keep family, friends and customers better informed on the professionalism of my product.

March:
completing my logos
ordering labels and care tags
ordering business cards
setting up my Facebook page for my small business
Purchasing my business name within my county, DBA
Registering with CPSIA (Consumer Products)
Purchasing my store on HyenaCart.com, but not going live until April

April:
Register for a Federal Tax ID #
Stock live on HyenaCart.com
Continue making custom orders as well as stockings

I want to give a special warm thank you to Lauren Wheat for going above and beyond creating my logos. They are perfect and exactly what I wanted. I really appreciate all of your hard work and time Lauren. I also want to say thank you to Lori Reininger for setting me up with my business cards, that was super nice and they are so cute. I am glad to have them.

Until the end of March, for every 4 diapers you purchase, you get one free. Pricing is as as follows:

$17.00 per diaper
$3.00 for embroidery
Shipping is extra

Anything beyond the means of what I have available, prices will be adjusted accordingly.

Beginning in April, stocked diapers in my store and customs will be priced at $23.00 plus shipping, no embroidery will be available on diapers stocked on HC (HyenaCart), but contacting me for special orders will still be available.

PLEASE VISIT MY STORE ON HYENACART.COM AND MARK ME AS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITES! PLEASE REMEMBER THIS STORE DOES NOT GO LIVE UNTIL APRIL.

I will list each stocked diaper on my facebook page so that way they can be previewed before the go live available for purchase on the main store. There will also be an album on the facebook page dedicated to diapers that are ready made for sale via facebook only. Those will appear next month as well.

My blog will be where I keep all business related information regarding my small business. Updates, policies, procedures, etc.

My goal is to be as organized and professional as I can possibly be. I cannot guarantee perfection as I am only human, but I can guarantee professionalism.

I am still a work in progress so not all of my i's are dotted and t's crossed, that will come with time and I will eventually be exactly where I should be. Please stay tuned for lots more information.

Thank you for all of your support for a work at home mom, fulfilling a little dream.

Makayla


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment