Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Diaper Improvements

The next stocking is Wednesday, October 10, 2012. Previews will be Wednesday morning and the stocking will be at 9pm Eastern Standard. There will be a few new diaper/hat costumes debuting! You do NOT want to miss these! I had hoped for a 30 diaper stocking, however, only 20 will stock this week.

Hybrids??

As most of you know, Southern Comfort only stocks all natural fitteds. There has been an increased demand in polyester fleece hybrid fitteds. You will be pleased to know that SoCo will keep the all natural fitteds and add the Hybrids to stockings as well. Hybrids and Fitteds will be determined in the title of the diaper so that you know which kind it is. I feel it is important to reach out and please as many customers as possible.


Improvement #1:


The front panel of the diaper has been altered for shape improvement. The photo below shows the congruency and new shape.



Improvement #2:

The elastic in the leg casings have been lengthened. This adds for a longer rise and better fit. You can see the comparison below. The red velour diaper has the lengthened elastic, the aqua diaper has the previous elastic length. One inch has been added.



Improvement #3:

Elastic tacking is no longer visible, and creates a a cleaner look. Hidden tacking is now the new procedure for elastic placement. This allows the diaper to look nicer and no loose threads are bare.



Improvement #4:

Almost completely undetectable closures. The closing up of the diaper to be turned is not an easy task. I have worked to make it as perfect as possible to make the diaper look as best as it can.



Improvement #4:

Soaker system changes. The doubler no longer is topped with a matching velour. Instead, it is now 2 layers of bamboo with one layer of hemp sandwiched between. This allows for an extreme amount of more absorbency. The panel soaker will still be topped with coordinating velour or those who only want the velour touching baby. See photos below for the new soaker system.


Velour still lays on top


Completely maximized absorbency 


Even when turned around, velour still lays on top


These new improvements will not increase the price. Price chart remains the same until further notice.
Not all diapers will hold the new improvements at the next stocking, but each stocking following all diapers will have the new improvements.

Please feel free to leave your comments below.



















Pin It

55 comments:

  1. My favorite new improvement is the longer elastic in the leg casing. I'm loving the look of the new belly panel too though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the improvements sound great! I think the hybrid available fitteds is awesome! As well as the new soakers being more absorbent! We use primarily fitteds so having one that doesn't get wet on the outside is very important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that the rise has extra room, can't wait to try it for my abnormally high rised son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the longer elastic and the option of hybrid fitteds. The ability to use the same diaper for a longer amount of time is a huge addition to the value! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that new panel! The look is so clean and streamlined! Nice job mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited about the new soaker system! The bullet proof fitteds everyone has come to know and love have now INCREASED in absorbancy. That is a fanastic new change and I look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new soaker system sounds awesome! I have a heavy wetter so increased absorbancy is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that the elastic is longer to help with gaps on thinner babies and better front panel.Cant wait to try them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the longer elastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two SoCo's....Can't imagine your making them any better. Hope to get one ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the new doubler. We've had to add hemp in the past to cover the front area in my DS's diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new elastic. My chubby baby will fit in them longer now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite improvements are the new soaker system and the extended elastic in the legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't own any SoCos yet, and hope that I can snag one soon! I have a big guy and he's a heavy wetter so the new front panel and inserts sound amazing! Now I really really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is the longer leg elastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite change is the front panel change =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of these changes sound amazing - I can't wait to own one soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the new elastic and love the new soakers! :) your diapers were great from the start, I had one of your first, and have gotten to be so amazing! Congrats on how at you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the look of the new soaker system! Excited to try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. With the new longer elastic, I bet my DS can wear these again!! Thank you for your hard work and improvements!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like that you're stocking both hybrid and natural fitteds now. I like the front panel improvements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the new front panel!

    jteneback at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the soaker system, and that you still offer all natural fitteds : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Longer leg elastic! No more plumber crack : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm excited a out the improved belly panel as well as the elastic in the legs!

    Amanda McKeon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the longer elsastic and better abosrbancy. Thanks so much for making an awesome diaper.
    Amy Green(amgreeny7@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't own one yet but all these improvements sound great! My favorite would be the longer leg elastic. I have a skinny baby with chunky thighs so that is what seems to work for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the leg elastic - I have a chunk, so it always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  29. More absorbency = Happy momma!
    kennedycocks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for always looking for ways to improve an already awesome product!
    Autumn Bruington (rrlc@sbcglobal.net)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the longer leg elastics! Better fit for my chunker!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the new belly panels! I'm hoping the longer leg elastic woot cause droop around the leg like some seem to do on my guy

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the increased absorbency!! Perfect for my heavy wetter. I also love the new elastic! I love everything about the new improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kristie Knight I love all of the new improvements, but I really like the clean look of the new elastic tacking and how can you go wrong with more absorbancy!!! I love SoCo's!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that you are creating a more absorbant diaper! I use fitteds for overnight and the more absorbant the better!
    Amber Davis

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ashley Hollan-DeWittOctober 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM

    All of the new improvements sound exciting, but my favorite would have to be longer elastic in the leg casings and the new soaker system.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the soaker change!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the new longer elastic, although all the improvements sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think my favorite is the new elastic! I like longer elastic and how it helps seal better.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Everything sounds great but I'm most excited about the longer elastics

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am glad for the hidden tacking and longer elastics!

    AND the fact that even though you are constantly refining and improving, you aren't upping the price! <3 Thanks, Makayla, we love our SoCos!

    Nicole Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  42. i am just getting into fitteds for my LO and have heard great things about your diapers :) i am excited that you now offer a hybrid...now i will want to try both versions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm excited you are going to be including hyrbid fitteds! I have yet to own a soco to put on my babies, but I'm sure this will make people rave about them more!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I found it!! lol! I'm sooo excited to see these changes as they look fabulous!! I love the fixing of the belly panel the most though as I'm very ocd lol!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm hoping to get to order one of your diapers! They sound awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. The elastic is my fave change!

    callmekassi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am excited for the lengthened leg elastic: It will be great for my chunky thighed toddler! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Jenessa Komes BillsonOctober 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM

    Its hard to believe they are going to be even BETTER!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. All the improvements look wonderful! Mine would have to be longer leg elastics though.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Exited for the hybrids and better soaker system! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I also like the longer elastic! It will fit my tall baby longer!

    Cowgirl_3298@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. All of the improvements look great, but I like the longer leg elastic. I love my SOCO fitteds.

    ReplyDelete